Friday, January 7, 2011

Painting started

Well I went for a drive to site myself this morning while AK had a sleep in expecting to see the house looking exactly the same as it did last week (given that Plantation is in its Xmas shutdown period).

Once again I was pleasantly surprised to find the painters working away (on a Saturday!!).

So this week, despite the holidays and ongoing rain (and flooding), we have had a big chunk of the internal painting done as well as more tiling to the walls in the wet areas. Looks like the electrician has also made an appearance to do some prep work.

Someone helped themselves to our camera on new years eve which was in AK's handbag (glad she left her purse at home) so I am relying on my phone camera for a couple of weeks while I look for a good deal on a new one. My apologies for the poor quality but here's a few pics of the latest.


Paint colour can be seen in fridge recess



Bathroom (shower)

Ensuite


6 comments:

  1. very nice! What colour is your kitchen? Looks quite similar to mine..is that gloss or matt finish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tonia

    The dark colour is Laminex 'Licorice Linea' it has a gloss finish. The lower cupboards are in 'Paperbark' these are in matt finish.
    The walls are painted in Taubmans 'Camel Cord' and trims are in 'Milky cloud'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking fantastic - I cannot believe your site only started on 31/10/10!

    Its amazing speed!

    How far away are you from handover - do you know yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :-)

    Your not wrong Shayne. Originally we were hopeful of a April / May completion date and that was if there were no dramas along the way.

    Last time I spoke with our SS he suggested mid March handover but I have a feeling he may have been keeping a bit of time up his sleeve.

    Either way we cant be happier with how quickly things have happended. Fingers crosed they can keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my fingers crossed for you too! I am hoping for an April handover and we started Sept 1st! Although I am starting to worry that might be a bit ambitious - time will tell however..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress and yes it is speedy Gonzalez building for sure !! good luck for a March hand over :)

    Wish our build was that fast too !!

    ReplyDelete